PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR UPDATES
January 2022 All classes are running as usual.
Nov 30th 2021. The NPHET advice to Government does not prohibit organised indoor gatherings for children for the next few weeks, only indoor community gatherings.
“Organised indoor gatherings are “controlled environments with a named event organiser, owner or manager”. For example: business, training events, conferences, events in theatres and cinemas or other arts events”
May 13th 2021. Classes will resume in September. All presently enrolled students must re-enrol before June 1st. All remaining places will be given to the very long waiting list after that. You will lose your place if you do not re-enrol here: https://limerickschoolofacting.com/enrol/lsaform/
April 9th 2021: With restrictions at their present limit it is unlikely we will re-open before the end of May. All presently enrolled students must re-enrol before June 1st for September when we predict we will fully re-open again. In the meantime we are hoping to run kids and teens summer camps subject to restrictions and availability of venues. Click here for info
JAN 14th 2021: At this stage it looks like April and May will be the only months this 20/21 year we may possibly hold classes. If we can re-open earlier then we will. We will be holding summer camps before a complete re-opening of the school in September. Keep an eye on the website for updates and further news. Miss you all!
DEC 28th 2020: Unfortunately, politicians have made a complete hash of the announcement and it turns out classes of 15 may NOT run as announced. We remain in the same situation as early October – in complete shutdown. I know this will come as big a disappointment for you as it is for me. As soon as we get even a glimmer of possibility of reopening I will let you know.
DEC 4th 2020: It was announced yesterday that we can resume classes at Level 3 with a maximum of 15 people in the room (incl teachers) and 2m social distancing. This would mean splitting the classes of 20 students into 10 and students attending every second week. This will take a bit of planning and we hope to resume sometime in January. We will be in touch in the new year with further confirmation. In the meantime we wish you all a Happy Christmas and a much better new year!!
OCT 7th 2020: All classes suspended again until the country returns to Level 2
Aug 26th 2020: Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn has said at today’s Covid-19 committee hearing it is “very unlikely that if a child were to bring the virus into a school that they would spread it to another child, and unlikely again that that child would bring it home and spread it in their home”.
Aug 18th 2020. Our Saturday classes will return on Sept 5th and the Sunday classes on the 6th. Weekdays classes in school will return when we get permission from the individual schools.
Weekend classes: If numbers are restricted we will follow guidelines.
Weekday classes: We will follow advice from the schools involved and will re-commence when possible.
Nigel Mercier, Director LSA